Tuesday, June 24, 2008

[Team03]0624 contextmapping in OpenLab

Some of us are the first time to take part in this kind of workshop, but some are not. Even though, we all have good time in these two days, and we learned a lot of things like what is contextmapping and how to use contextmapping to do a research etc. from the three speakers. We learned a lot from each other also. It's a good experience to work with people in different background. We enjoyed doing our own toolkits this afternoon. Team work is very important for all kinds of situation, but it's not easy to do team work(we need to know the real meaning of team work). We think we do our team work today very well.
Finally, we would like to say thank you to the teachers, it's good for us to communicate with teachers directly, and we can get respond to fix or actuate our thinking immediately.


Member1:
*How do learn from the first exercise- a collage; ‘how do I get here? ’

It is interesting to use both text and image to present a concept. I found some people like to use more text while others might prefer to use more images on representing their concept. Both materials work together wonderfully.

*How do I learn from the assignment? --to give a ‘gift’.

The method: The main task for today is to learn the data collecting section, the first three steps, namely preparation; toolkit; and interview, of the context mapping. There were six people on each team. During the team working, we found there were various ways we can adopt to do the interview to get the insight from people. We first work out the mind-map to find the components involved on the context of the topic. An interesting focus topic, father day gift, was chosen after mind-mapping discussion. I also give away the idea that to decide a specific population as a priority for this task, because to include more population sectors can have broader and unexpected prospective for this assignment. The pilot test went successfully. Some part of the material and procedure was modified accordingly.

The team: I appreciate all the team members for their friendly attitude and devotion. I did enjoy and learn very much from the workshop.

Member2:
I'm really happy and appreciate that I could have such a chance to join this interesting workshop, and I have learned a lot both from three speakers and my group members.Thank for Prof. Stappers, Froukje Sleeswijk Visser, and Helma van Rijn, you gave a wonderful speech and lots of helpful advices while our group discussion. Hope that I would have chance to use "ContextMapping" in real research in the future though it takes lots of time to brainstorm and to make the toolkit.

Member3:
這是第一次參加work shops,第一次上課就是外國老師真的很刺激.幸好老師非常親切引導我們一步步進入狀況,並給予我們很大的討論空間.腦力激盪的過程非常有趣,每個人因為背景的差異會有不同的思考模式,受訪者也是,藉此我們藉由圖像跟文字的可以進一步的進入受訪的者的故事中,是非常有趣的設計思考方式.

Member4:
之前在大學的時後參加過兩次的workshop,這次是第三次參加。先前有學過類似的方法,內容大至上是大同而小異。但重點就在這些細微的差異,這就是這些設計方法的精華所在。
透過這一次的contexmapping workshop,讓我又多了一套方法來探就使用者的需求,以供設計師不同的視野來進行產品設計。

Member5:
I'm really glad to have the chance to join this kind of workshop. Although we have a big home work today and need to present what we find during this process tomorrow, I still think it's my honor to take part in the workshop.
I was very impressed by the first task called"I am..."and"how do I get to here"~~Why did I think it is interesting?Because it was a great chance for you to remember or creative a daily life story that we might ignore mostly. Sometimes, we might think "design" or "originality" means fresh, never been seen and inimitable. But I found people in this workshop, they have their own way to create and explan the same topic or question. And all the stories I heard today can be good materials for me to create something new next time.
I think this method can be used in all kinds of situation, like doing research, teaching, playing and so on. I think it's not only a kind of method, but also a good way to break ice for the people who never meet each other at the first time. And it is interesting in doing our own toolkits.

Member6:
上課非常活潑有趣,生動的教學方式讓學生更容易了解課程。而授課後的實做作業能讓我們更進一步的認識這整套的設計方法。除了與自己的組員討論外,老師也不時的參與分析,讓我們在錯誤中慢慢的學習,這次的課程讓我們了解到設計師在設計產品前,應該要準備的有哪些功課,讓我們的產品可以不斷的檢討、可以更符合使用者的需求。

No comments: